The Pfaff Hobby lock 2.5 is a tank of a machine with the ability to do a variety of 2, 3 or 4 thread overlocking stitches 15 to choose from. Able to perform perfectly on all types of fabrics using the built in differential speed and easy to set up using the colour coordinate diagram found within the front cover of the machine
Like the one that came before it the Hobbylock 2.5 can perform on a professional platform producing precision finish.
The Differential feed ability allows the machines to feed fabrics at different speed throughout the overlocking procedure. The fabric at the front of the attached foot can be fed faster or slower than the fabric at the rear of the foot. Stretch and jersey material will pull twist and distort when being overlocked. Differential feed will reduce this massively to ensure the stitch will stretch with you fabric. There is no maths or exacting science to differential feed, all I say is trial and error adjust it easily by one dial and accordingly to achieve your own perfect finish.
Overlockers or Sergers like the Hobbylock 2.5 are a must for any sewer reaching to the dizzy heights of professionalism, Watch in amazement as your garment construction is reinforced, tidied, tightened and protected to the highest possible standard, there be no more frayed edges for you.
2 thread - narrow edge for finer materials
• Standard Overlock narrow and wide - use prior to segment garment construction
• Wrapped Overlock narrow and wide - perfect for light knits or woollens
• Rolled Edge - ideal for lightweights, silks, napkins and pillow ruffles
• Narrow Edge - to be used on medium weight knits and woollens
• Flatlock wide - this can piece together stretch fabrics with decorative effect.
3 thread - medium weight materials
• Standard Overlock narrow and wide - cut excess away and protect the edge
• Stretch Overlock - for extra stretch fabric
• Flatlock Wide- again used to attach stretch fabrics to one and other with wide decorative effect
• Flatlock Narrow - as above but narrow
• Rolled edge - wider more decorative rolled effect
• Narrow edge - give your project a nice tight finished edge
• thread - heavy weight fabrics
4 thread Standard Overlock - for those areas that need reinforcement such as jersey jumper neck edges finished perfectly
Benefits of this machine
Large work space
2, 3 and 4 thread overlocking
Cut, construct, overlock and felt in less time
Protect, trim, reinforce edges
Rolled fine edges for a beautiful finish
Wide, Narrow or Flat for decorative effect
Auto tension (also adjustable)
Variable length, tension speed and feed
Lift foot for tension release
Coloured thread guide for speed and efficiency
Changeable cutting width, and foot pressure
Plenty of space for multiple layers
Easy changeable snap on presser feet
Disengage able top blade
Easy 2 thread conversion
Tread cutter and waste catcher
All important instructional DVD
Free delivery for orders over £25
We use Royal Mail 48 post (outside the UK - Airmail) for all small packages which are sent out same day where possible if ordered before 1 pm.
Usual delivery timescale 2-4 days. (7-14 days outside the UK)
Larger Items: Sewing machines, overlockers.
Free next working day insured delivery.
We use DPD, UPS, UK Mail and Parcel Force with pick-ups twice a day. UK next working day delivery for large items which are usually shipped the same day where possible if ordered before 1pm. We can deliver on Saturday or Sundays as well as any week day. And with a 15 minute time window.
There could be delays caused due to circumstances beyond our control but we will do what we can to limit these and ensure you get your order as quickly as possible.
Non standard delivery information can be found here. All delivery time-scales are given as a guide only.